What is Soma? Why do doctors prescribe the drug?
Soma is a medication that helps treat muscle pain and discomfort in the human body. The drug is a sedative substance that’s quite effective and can be habit-forming. Similarly, when a doctor prescribes the dose, they usually administer its intake for a short period while addressing the patient’s condition.
The medicine of Soma is also a drug that many people take for other reasons. Though the on-label usage of the drug is to act as a muscle relaxant, people also use it as an over-the-counter pain-relief drug. However, the medicine will help in case of muscle pain that develops due to muscle injury, sprains, and strains.
Make it a point not to use the medicine over time as it can cause dependency. Sometimes, when a patient becomes habitual to the use of Soma medication, they become quite used to the formulation of the medicine.
- The sedative effect of Soma alters the activity inside the brain and the spinal cord.
- There are many other trade names for Soma medication. Also, it’s available by the name Carisoprodol as the generic version of the medicine.
- According to the health expert, you can take Soma in combination with proper rest and physical therapy.
- The condition that Soma helps to overcome is known as musculoskeletal pain.
Note: As per a recent article of 2021, most medication manufacturers are selling it as a muscle relaxant. More so, the parent compound of the medicine is Benzodiazepine which makes it also a tranquillizer medication.
How to take Soma?
The medicine of Soma pain medication is prescribed to be taken orally by mouth, with water or food. As per the doctor’s recommendation, taking the last dose of the day is more beneficial before going to bed. To stay safe from the harmful side effects, ensure you do not take medicine for more than 2 to 3 weeks.
In order to stay on the safe side of the medicine’s usage, do not overdose, misuse or suddenly withdraw from using Soma. In addition, make sure you keep the following points in mind –
- Take the prescription first and then buy Soma online in the correct dosage amount.
- Do not continue using the medicine for a longer time more than three weeks.
- Make sure you do not take Soma with another sedative of CNS depressant.
- Always take medication as directed by the doctor. Also, do not take more than 2 to 3 tablets in a day.
What are the possible side effects of Soma?
The proper use of Soma drug will not possibly cause any side effects. Still, if there’s any misguided usage of the medicine, the person will surely develop severe issues with the medicine. That’s why it’s advisable to use the drug if you have the doctor’s prescription.
At first, if the person uses the medication in the right amount, they’ll indeed not develop any side effects. However, continuing with the same dose of the medicine will, for a longer time, cause the problem of dependency. Furthermore, there have been reports about the drug’s habitual dose that people start ordering Soma overnight for illicit purposes.
Here is the list of Soma side effects –
- Feeling sleepy
- Unable to walk
- Low blood pressure
- Stomach pain
- Nausea feeling
- Fast heartbeats
Some people may also suffer from severe heart issues with the continuous use of Soma drugs. More or less, you first need to take a doctor’s consultation and then apply the dose.